Syracuse Peace Council’s 47th Annual
Plowshares Craftsfair & Peace Festival
December 2-3; Sat 10-5, Sun 11-5
Nottingham High School, 3100 E Genesee St, Syr
$2-5 sliding scale. Under 16 and over 65 FREE
Please join us at Plowshares Craftsfair on December 2-3 at Nottingham High School (3100 E. Genesee St., Syracuse – map). Central New York’s premier multicultural craftsfair, Plowshares celebrates a world where people enjoy their work and have control over it. With 130 area craftspeople and community groups, it is a marketplace of ideas and beautifully diverse, hand made items.
More than a craftsfair, it is a peace festival, with music, food and a spirit of fellowship, creating a weekend of grassroots commerce and community. It’s a wonderful opportunity to connect at year’s end with old and new friends and share in the life of a village marketplace that has no corporate headquarters.
It takes a community to create a community craftsfair.
• Share Plowshares’ facebook page
• Download the beautiful flyers (8.5×11 flyer, four to a page handouts).
• Check out the Silent Auction and raffle items
• Delight in the food menu
• Enjoy a full slate of entertainment, including music and dance, throughout the day
• Check out the list of craftspeople and community groups (and where they’re located)
• If you’ve never been, watch a 2-minute walk through a small piece of Plowshares (2014)
• For more information, contact Carol 315.472.5478, carol [at] peacecouncil [dot] net. Look here for up-to-the-minute info about Plowshares.
“And they shall beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks; nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war anymore.” -Isaiah 1:4