Dear Ed Smith Families,
Organizer Kay Scott asks me to remind you of the STEAM event next week on January 27th at 530pm. This event looks like a lot of fun and learning and we hope you’ll mark your calendar and make plans to be there! Your kids will love it.
In order to make this event a success, two things are still needed:
- Parents to help. If you are able to help for one hour, please contact Kay Scott at kayascott [at] yahoo [dot] com or call or text at 315-491-0612.
- Donations of things that no longer work that kids could take apart for the deconstruction center. There is a box in the main office for the donated things.
Kay appreciates the parents who have already stepped up to help, along with the college students who are volunteering their time. She will be sending an email to all volunteers both Friday evening (1/22), and Tuesday (1/26).
- Catapult and Trebuchet Center +
- Paper Rocket Creation, Launch and Design Contest
- Edward Smith K-8 PTO, The Physics and Engineering of Marble Rollercoasters
- OCCRA Recycling Center and Bean Bag Toss, Game of Probability
- Fireworks in a Jar Chemistry Experiment +
- Roman Arch Construction Center +
- Spinning Top Creation and Testing: Color and Motion +
- Nottingham and Edward Smith Robotics and Technology Team, Robotics Testing
- Edward Smith Green Team
- Veterinary Medicine, Science and X-Rays
- The Magic of Math, Mobius Strips and Flexagons +
- Construction Center and Deconstruction Center +
- Giant Soma Cube Puzzles from MoMath (Museum of Math NYC) +
- Historic Technology: The Typewriter and the Syracuse Connection +
- Information about upcoming Science Fairs: CNYSEF (MOST), SUNY-ESF, Ed Smith